Those competing for this award are considered based on the following criteria:
A. Leadership: Nominees must have or had demonstrated exceptional leadership traits within their respective service or organization as evidenced in their character, conduct, ability to achieve goals and accept additional responsibility.
B. Military Accomplishments: Address job knowledge and leadership qualities as applied to resolving specific service issues, combat situation, or development of new techniques, procedures, or processes that result in increased mission effectiveness of the armed services.
C. Service to Others: Veterans or organizations in their local community, cultural societies, or associations. Participation in social, cultural, or religious activities in the military and/or civilian community that tangibly contribute to community or group welfare, morale, or status.
D. Best Unit: Nominees must have or had demonstrated exceptional qualities as applied to specific service issues, combat situations, or development of new techniques, procedures, or processes that result in increased mission effectiveness recognized by wing, fleet or battalion.
E. Best Overall Honor – Company: Nominees will show technique and process of how they work with military members and veterans who are employee’s, handle any special needs and explain how they show support of the two.
Eligibility Requirements for Nomination
A. Nominees must meet the quality force standards for their respective service to be eligible to compete; veterans must have a clean civilian record. Individuals who have undergone disciplinary action within the award period or have an active unfavorable information file or are pending administrative/disciplinary actions are not eligible for this award, veterans who have any criminal actions pending are not eligible. (Veterans must three submit references (employer, church, organization)
B. Community Service Organizations being nominated must be in good standing, must have a current tax filing, and active IRS Tax ID number.
C. The American Freedom Awards Committee may disqualify any winner selected if disqualifying information is discovered or subsequent misconduct arises which makes the award inappropriate.
AWARDS PROCESS TIMELINE
- August 1, 2020: Notify Units of AMERICAN FREEDOM HONORS award application process
- January 31, 2021: Deadline for unit, veteran, and community service organization nominations submission to The AMERICAN FREEDOM HONORS Blue Ribbon Panel.
- February 1, 2021: Selection of nominees by a Blue-Ribbon Panel
- April 30, 2021: Awards Component Audit ends
- June 1, 2021: Notify all award nominee’s & unit commanders
- June 15, 2021: AMERICAN FREEDOM HONORS Awards voting begins by the general public
- August 31, 2021: Awards voting ends
- September 23 or 24, 2021: Nominees, and guest arrive
- September 24, 2021: VIP, Meet and Greet
- September 25, 2021: Awards Gala at the Arlington, TX Convention Center
- September 26, 2021: Checkout
Please submit completed packets directly to email@example.com no later than January 31, 2021.